Streeton, George H. (1864-?). Some of the Works of Geo. H. Streeton [Geroge H. Streeton], Architect, New York City. New York, New York: Privately Printed by the Author (George H. Streeton, Architect), N.D. [1900’s?]. First Edition, First Printing. Unpaginated [pp. 82]. 8vo., measuring 7.5″ x 10″. Thick black card-stock covers bearing elaborate gilt ornamentation and lettering to the front cover, held with silk olive-green string binding. Chiefly comprising of dozens of captioned black-and-white plates depicting various structures throughout New York city designed and built upon the author’s work. Also includes one page rich with the names, and locations of the architect’s clients under the heading “References”. Yapped card covers show edgewear, and very short closed tears; contents uniformly without blemish with bright, clean and unmarked pages. Rare in commerce. Corresponds to OCLC #795366020 indicating only but one institutional holding at time of cataloguing. Wrappers.
George H. Streeton was a Brooklyn-born, New York based, architect active in the first half of the 20th century. His oeuvre included a large number of structures designed for Roman Catholic congregations in the Archdiocese of New York and the Diocese of Brooklyn. Amongst his notable designs were: St Francis de Sales (Manhattan), St. Casimir (Yonkers), Church of Sts. Cyril & Methodius and St. Raphael (Manhattan), The Church of the Guardian Angel (Manhattan), St. Peter’s Church Rectory (Staten Island), amongst many others. (#3602) $175.00