McPhillips & McPhillips’ Map of Part of the Parish of St. Vital and Part of the Parish of Saint Boniface.

$395.00

McPhillips, Robert C.; [McPhilips & McPhillips]

1 in stock

Description

McPhillips, Robert C.; [McPhilips & McPhillips]. McPhillips & McPhillips’ Map of Part of the Parish of St. Vital and Part of the Parish of Saint Boniface. Winnipeg, Manitoba: Stovel Company, Limited, Map Engravers & Publishers, 1914. First edition. Plain card covers measuring 9.5″ x 5″ housing map entitled, ‘Map of part of the Parish of St. Vital and part of the Parish of St. Boniface’. Map measures 36″ x 47″ [91 cm x 119 cm]. Map contents provide a detailed overview of all lots in the parish of St. Vital and portions of the ward of St. Boniface – formerly incorporated as a town in 1883 and subsequently a city in 1908; finally being amalgamated with the City of Winnipeg in 1971. Detailed and precise views of hundreds of properties (lots) on both sides of the Red River and inclusive of all properties as far East as the River Seine and as far south as the border of St. Norbert. Notably, the map records quadrants of land which have been reserved for, “Proposed Site for the University of Manitoba” & “A New Agricultural College” as well as a proposed site for the erection of the “Winnipeg Hunt Club”. Light rubbing, soiling to card covers, however, the map remains in near fine to fine condition with no chips, tears or other flaws. Exceedingly scarce with no known copies housed at Library and Archives Canada, University of Alberta, Bruce Peel Special Collections or the University of Manitoba Archives and Special Collections. See OCLC #557320029 & 428002938. One copy housed at the British Library and McGill University each. Near Fine. Card Covers. (#1114) $395.00